Monday, April 7, 2014

No Rest in Destin…

Sunshine Cindy and I are pretty much on the go all the time. This weekend was no different. I already talked about Thursday night at Juana’s Pagoda in Navarre partying with our friends and the Southern Drawl Band. That was a good time with the guys from Knoxville!


Friday was a day to get more of the wedding details taken care of. Sunshine Cindy and I had a meeting scheduled with Judy from Crab Island Cantina to finalize our plans. We got there about noon and finished about 1 pm. Everything is coming together. It will be a wedding to remember. But now it was early, the weather was perfect and we had nothing on the agenda. We decided to walk to Harbor Gifts and see how they are doing and to check out our tee’s they are selling. On the way there we passed Fishhead’s. Becca was working. We said hello but we had to keep going.

At Harbor Gifts Sandy was there. It was her first day back at work since the weekend. She was fighting the crud. They have the shirts hanging outside and they look great. Everyone needs to get down to their shop next to the Shark Shack and spend some money with Tom and Sandy.

Sandy of Harbor Gifts

We left there and walked up the hill to The Crust Pizzeria. Charlie was not there but we grabbed a beer and sat outside. A few minutes later Matt and his son Ace came walking up. They saw us earlier on the docks and tracked us down. We ended up sharing some pizza and cheese bread. We had a chance to get caught up as we had not seen Matt other than a minute here or there for many months. It was a nice visit.

Where to next? We walked down to the Boathouse. Kerby was there with a couple of other guys. Sunshine Cindy and I sat outside on the deck but some dark clouds were building. I checked the radar and a line of storms were heading our way. Since we were parked at the other end of the harbor, we decided to walk back. As we were leaving Matt and Ace came by on their way home. Ace loves to cut up with Kerby. At one point Ace went running up to Kerby and tried to belly-buck him. Ace ended up on his back. But like any kid, he jumped up and tried it again. LOL

Sushi at Jackacuda's

It was really getting dark now so we took off. Halfway back to AJ’s it started to rain. Luckily it was not too hard so we didn’t have to duck in anywhere. Our destination was the new Jackacuda’s restaurant. We got there and sat at the outside bar. They didn’t change this bar and we were glad to see that. Jason was working the bar. This place is locally owned. They use all fresh caught fish and they have a fantastic Sushi Chef. I tried one of the Sushi Rolls and loved it. It’s about time someone opened a Sushi Bar on the harbor. A tourist from Louisiana named Kevin sat down next to us. We ended up talking to him for a couple of hours. He was an interesting person.

As we were getting to leave I got a message from Wayne saying he and Kenny were heading to the Boathouse before they went back to Juana’s for Southern Drawl Bands Friday night show. We decided to meet them there. A big crowd of folks were there as Jason Clark was starting to play inside. We got a table outside. Kenny, Wayne and Tommy joined us. Then Brian and his brother from Wisconsin, Greg walked in and also joined us. The party was on. Gigi came around with some Jello Shots, other friends came and went. Yes, it was another good time at the Boathouse.


Kenny, Wayne and Tommy left to go to Navarre and Sunshine Cindy and I called it a day/night shortly thereafter. It turns out we missed a good time at Juana’s. Kenny got on stage with the band and played his harmonica on a few songs. Way to go Kenny!!!


Saturday was more low key. We had lunch at Friday’s in Destin. Other than that Sunshine Cindy did some shopping while I did some writing for the upcoming Crab Island Mambo Mullet Wrapper newsletter. It was also officially announced that starting in 2015 Sunshine Cindy and I will be taking over Phlocking of the Phaithful. This is a Trop Rock party in Put in Bay, Ohio each June. We look forward to keeping the party tradition going.

Sunday was another quiet day for us. It was raining on and off which made for a lazy day. It was good as I was able to get more Mambo work done. Finally in the afternoon I was ready to get out for a while. Sunshine Cindy wanted to stay in but went out to run some errands. I decided to make a stop at Landshark Pizza but they were not open yet. I forgot they open later on Sunday’s now that football is over. I went over to Island Wings instead.

Minnesota in the house...

They bake their wings which is healthier but I don’t think they taste as good as the deep fried ones. Next time I will go back to their Jalapeno chili. That is some of the best chili in town. I should have had it this time. I had an interesting girl sit a few stools down from me. She was probably only about 21 or 22. She was dressed kind of funky. She ordered some food then got on the phone with someone. I could hear her cussing left and right about something. After she hung up she got up, looked at me and told me she was just going to her car to get something. I said “ok” with a WTH look on my face. She mumbled something about she thought I would want to know. Not like I worked there or anything.

A few minutes later another girl came in and joined the first one. Turns out the first girls was upset about a new tattoo she got thinking it was not done right. No matter what her friend said she would not believe it. I don’t know what the tat was but I was tempted to tell her don’t worry because in 15 years or so it will be so washed out it won’t matter! I kept quiet though. I headed home when I was done and relaxed with Sunshine Cindy for the rest of the evening.

Have a great week. See ya’ll Thursday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment