Monday, December 3, 2012

Destin winter weekend

It was a fun weekend in Destin. The weather was perfect. Thursday night Sunshine Cindy and I stopped at Buffalo Jack’s in San Destin to check them out. The food was good and the beer was cold. They had a decent crowd in there for a Thursday night out of season. I heard they are getting bigger crowds now that Beef’s closed in San Destin.

From there we stopped in at Sago to catch some of the Falcons/Saints football game. A big crowd was there to watch. Tommy was there and we got to chat with him for a while as he ran around making sure everything was going smoothly. A Cajun guy named Kim started talking to us and ended up partying with us. The Falcons scored early and all the Saints fans were crying it was not their night. Turns out they were right! LOL

Sunshine Cindy and Kim

Friday Sunshine Cindy and her parents took Tiffany out for lunch at Harry T’s to celebrate her birthday. They had a good time. When I got home I headed to Landshark Pizza. Matt and Paige were working. I had some wings and a few beers. Tony and Amy, LD and Kirby were all there too. It was fun. I left and stopped in at Lucky’s Rotten Apple. Rose was working and there was a good crowd there too. You get all types in there. A young couple were decked out in Goth style. I don’t get it but to each his own. From there I went home to watch some college football. Sunshine Cindy was about to sleep so it was a quiet night.

Tiffany on her birthday

Saturday was a fun day. The weather was perfect. I went for a bike ride and in rapid order I saw Alan and Jackie as they were heading to the RV park on the island, Matt was a passenger in a car and Bob at the post office. I then stopped for a haircut at Tim’s place. The girl inside looked at me kind of weird as I rode up probably thinking I was one of the homeless drunks or something. I will be back. I love to give the local places my business.

The gang at the Crazy Lobster

In the afternoon Sunshine Cindy and I went to the Crazy Lobster to watch the UGA/Bama game. I had a taste for some Abita beer and oysters. I had both and they were good. Alan and Jackie, Julie and Loujean and Jan all joined us. We had a fun time. After the game Sunshine Cindy and I went up to Harry T’s for a while. They didn't have any live music, just football so we headed back home.

The Crazy Lobsters' Lobsters

Sunday Sunshine Cindy was not feeling so Sunshiny. She was coming down with a bug so we stayed in all day. The weather was perfect so we sat on the patio for a bit but most of the time she was laying down. She is doing better today.

Looks like a warm week here in Destin. We will enjoy it. See ya Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment