Thursday, December 27, 2012

Winter in Destin

Okay don’t laugh but winter has arrived in Destin. I know it has because the calendar says so. And this morning it was 37 degrees. For those up north fighting blizzards and ice this doesn’t sound like much but I can’t even put the top down on Badass. Of course the high today will be almost 60 and we will be back into the 60’s tomorrow so I can’t complain too much!

Sunshine Cindy and her Rum Jumbie

I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays. We spent it with family. Sunshine Cindy made enough food to feed the Atlanta Falcons football team. Between her and myself we received enough booze as gifts that I think we could open our own liquor store if we wanted too. The highlight was I found her some Rum Jumbie. Sunny Jim would be proud.

The holiday bar was set up

Wednesday we made a Happy Hour stop at Fisherman’s Wharf. I noticed they are advertising one dollar drafts from 3-6 pm so we had to go check it out. I am glad we did. The bar was not crowded and Sara waited on us. The drafts were poured in their usual ice cold glasses so you got a good beer. We saw Jimmy from the docks there. When the sun was setting we had a perfect view through the windows of the bright orange sky. It was beautiful. The best part of the evening was the $9 tab! “My bar tabs too low. I had more fun than that!” as Jim Morris sings about.

Fisherman's Wharf

The new Fudpucker’s on the Island is about to open. This is a big location with a traditional Fudpucker’s restaurant, a sports bar and a steam shack and raw bar. They will also have an arcade and being on the bay, they will be renting jet skis and pontoon boats. The Emerald Coast PHC has already scheduled their 2013 chili cook-off there on March 9th. It looks like Cash is going to turn the old Fud’s location into another of his ventures instead of leasing it out. I am not sure but I have heard it might become a Thai restaurant.

Get out and enjoy the weekend. It will be fun as we build up to New Year’s Eve! See ya Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment