Monday, December 10, 2012

Destin Holiday Weekend Celebration

What a fun, crazy and hectic weekend it was. It started on Thursday. I dropped my boss off at Docie’s bar in Staff’s Restaurant in Ft. Walton Beach as his car was in the shop. Since the traffic was backed up I went in to have a few beers. This is a real locals place. I had a good time chatting with the folks there including Art who used to own Art’s appliance for 55 years. I don’t get there often enough.

Santa Claus on a paddleboard

In the meantime Sunshine Cindy and her daughter went to Miller's Ale House where they ate and talked to some folks there. We all met up at Sago Sports bar later in the evening. As I walked in I thought I had been transported to some Disney TV show. There were kids all dressed to the hilt running around one of the ballrooms. Turns out Destin middle school was having a dance. You could tell it was Destin kids because of the clothes they were wearing. The parents spared no expense. We talked to Tommy and watched some of the football game. Sunshine Cindy and I then hit the Waffle House for some late night food before heading home.

Friday we met Sunshine Cindy’s parents at TGIFriday’s in Destin. Rick waited on us and was in rare form. He had us rolling with his jokes. Friday night we stayed in and I actually watched some college hockey games. Saturday turned out to be a beautiful day with temps in the upper 70’s. My company Christmas party was in the evening at the Emerald Grande. We got to the harbor early to have a few drinks at the Crab Island Cantina. As we walked up we saw Alan and Jackie sitting at the bar. We joined them. Craig was waiting on us and took good care of us.

Julie in the holiday spirit

While we were sitting at the bar it sounded like a war broke out across the pass at the AF officers club on the island. They must have been having some type of maneuvers as we heard all kinds of explosions and saw types of tracers flying around. It lasted about 10 minutes. We have not seen that activity there before. The party was fun and we ended up at Harry T’s for a while afterwards. The place was packed with a lot of younger folks having fun.

Saturday and Sunday I went out for bike rides. Saturday I went to the beach. I love living here! LOL  Sunday evening was the Destin Holiday Boat Parade. We met up with a bunch of friends at Harry T’s to watch it. Sunshine Cindy even brought Precious along. She had a great time. The boats were decorated great this year. It was topped off with a fireworks show. Again the weather was perfect.

Fireworks over the harbor

I have heard through my sources the plans for Margaritaville are supposed to be finished this week. They should be officially announcing it soon. The hope is to have it open before the summer season. From what I am being told is it will be a top notch destination restaurant. That will be a great addition to the Destin harbor party scene.

Have a great week. See ya Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment