Thursday, December 19, 2013

Ready to party…

Sunshine Cindy and I have been spending most of this week getting ready for the holidays and also preparing for our “Crab Island Mambo Christmas and Welcome to Winter” party. The party will be held at KC’s Tapworks bar on Saturday from 3-7 pm. Jan Patton will be playing music for us. Everyone is invited to “Embrace the Chaos!” at Tapworks this Saturday.

Tapworks

We did get out one time this week. Tuesday evening we went to Sunshine Cindy’s parents house to celebrate her Dad’s birthday. It was a nice evening with them as we had dinner and drinks while we helped Jim enjoy his birthday.

The full moon this week was awesome. Our weather has been nice. It was crystal clear the last couple of nights which made the moon seem that much brighter. When you see the reflection of the moon light coming off the gulf or the bay, it is reason number 7890 why I love living here!

Sorry to see the Lobster close

I had mentioned in the last blog how Poppy’s Crazy Lobster closed and there was talk about them relocating. The word I hear is they are going to open a place in the shopping center that used to house the Lighthouse Restaurant at the corner of Hwy. 98 and Gulf Shores Drive. Not only will the Crazy Lobster open there but Poppy’s is planning to open another Roberto’s Pizza restaurant in that plaza too. They already have one at the Village of Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin.

I don’t know when they plan to open but I would assume it will be before spring break. I already talked about The Red Bar opening a second location there and a coffee shop that has opened in that same plaza. I wonder what else is going in there? I will have to nose around and see what I hear.

Fun at the Boathouse

With the Crazy Lobster leaving the harbor, that leaves a prime location vacant. The rent is high there but that is a fantastic building right on the water. I hope they are able to get some kind of fun place in there. I enjoyed the Lobster and the view. Plus the small outside bar was always a fun place.

I hope everyone comes out to Tapworks this Saturday to party with us. I will have a full report on the good times on Monday. See ya then!

No comments:

Post a Comment