Monday, December 9, 2013

Destin weekend update

We had another fantastic weekend in Destin. It started out on Thursday night as I made a stop at Landshark Pizza. Landshark has truly become our own “Cheers” type of place. Owners Brian and Sue are like Sam and Diane from the TV show. B is Cliff, Kerby is Norm…you get the idea. It is always fun there. Thursday night Paige and Sue were working. A decent crowd was there including three guys who live almost around the corner but had never stopped in before. They will be back.

  
Landshark Pizza

Friday the weather was absolutely perfect. I ran some errands during the day with the top down on Badass. When I got home I even washed her. I decided to head back out but now I put on a tank top and kept the top down. It was in the upper 70’s and I was loving it.

I went to the harbor. I made a stop at The Boathouse. I was like the only one there as they were just opening. I then headed down the harbor to the Cantina. I spoke to Tiffany at The Crazy Lobster as she was working. At the Cantina Greg was working. They had a big party coming in that night and would be closed to the public. Over 200 people were expected. That’s a good night for them in the off season. My next stop was the Rotten Apple. It’s been a while since I was there. They have done some remodeling.



                                                          Inside at Malibu Jacks

Off again to the Malibu Jacks. I parked Badass next to another Mustang. There was a new guy working there. His Dad, who owned the other Mustang, was sitting there and they were admiring my car. Turns out this was the son and grandson of Leon. We know Leon from the American Legion. I didn’t know it but Leon raced in the first race at Talladega back in the 60’s. Pretty cool information. The guy working there is trying to get a BBQ catering business off the ground. More power to him. I hope he can make it.

While there I got a message from Alan and Jackie. They were at Landshark. So over there I went again. Renee was working. I ordered a pizza to take home. Jackie showed me a picture of what Alan had ate before I got there. It was peanut butter and jelly wings. He said they were really good. You would not think so but he said he will do them again. Now I know what I will have the next time I am there! LOL  While we were there, Kenny showed up and joined us. He thought there was a Parrothead meeting but it was Saturday night. I hung around and watched Kenny eat a whole Calzone all by himself. Those things are huge.




Peanut butter and Jelly wings


Saturday night was the ECPHC volunteer party at Harry T’s. Sunshine Cindy and I got there about 4:30. Jeff and the Camaro’s were playing music and everyone had a good time. Congratulations to Betty for being named volunteer of the year for the club. It was a good choice. As the party ended a group of us headed to The Boathouse.

We ended up with Judie, Kelly, Buz, Capt. John, Julie, Wayne, Mark, Stephanie and Mary all show up. We were watching some football and having a good time. Gigi gave us some jello shots then she brought over two pitchers of a drink concoction with straws in it. She said it was time for a contest to see which team could finish their pitcher first.  Wayne, Mark and myself won. Of course everyone had a brain freeze but it was fun.



The gang at The Boathouse

Sunday’s plans got all messed up. Sunshine Cindy and I were going to be judges at the Cantina for a comedy show that started at 6 pm. We get a call in the morning that Sunshine Cindy’s dad was taken to the hospital. Turns out all was okay but we ended up spending hours at the hospital. I had to cancel our gig at the Cantina. We did make a stop at Miller’s Ale House on the way home for some food as it had been a long day. While there Sunshine Cindy saw a former worker at her company. Then Jager delivered our food. He is now working there. It was great seeing him. He is a good person. We also saw and talked to Peter from Fud’s. He finally took a day off. And last but not least, Frank, who is Millers Bar Manager, stopped to talk to us about Crab Island Mambo. Jager told him they need to advertise with us. I hope they will. He sounded positive.

It was fun there but finally it was time to get back home and relax before we start the new week. Enjoy your week. See ya Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment