Thursday, December 12, 2013

December in Destin

The weather continued to be the big story in Destin. While the rest of the country froze, Florida was balmy. For us here in Destin that came to an end Tuesday morning. As I left for work at 6 am it was 70 degrees out. The sun was just starting to brighten up the East sky. I head west to get to work. I stopped for gas. No breeze and warm.

As seen on many Facebook pages the last few days! LOL

After getting gas I got back on Hwy. 98 and crossed the Destin bridge onto the island. I was driving into a dark cloud but didn’t think anything about it until it started to rain. The wind started to howl. I had my window down and I could feel it getting colder. I checked the outside temp and it was down to 61. By the time I got to work 5 minutes later it was down to 56 and the wind chill must have been ten degrees lower than that. Wow, what a change!

It has been a quiet week for Sunshine Cindy and I. We have holiday parties every night starting tonight so we were low key up to this point. It did give me time to work on the upcoming Crab Island Mambo Mullet Wrapper. I am on track to publish this Sunday.

Boat Drink Time 
I have noticed the Krispy Kreme donut shop is temporarily closed. They are doing a complete remodeling of the building. It is needed as that building has been there a long time. I hope they can do something about the parking. They have a small lot and traffic backs up onto 98 many mornings.

It was also just announced Staff’s Restaurant in Fort Walton Beach is shutting down after December 21st. This is sad as Staff’s has been in business for over 100 years. It is one of the local historic locations having been in t

As I mentioned we have several parties to attend this weekend. But Sunday down on the harbor is the holiday lighted boat parade. In conjunction with the boat parade, Crab Island Cantina is bringing back to Destin The Southern Drawl Band. They will be playing at the Cantina Sunday from 5-9 pm. There will also be a fireworks display in addition to the boat parade and the music. Come to the harbor to hear the hottest up and coming band in the country and enjoy the holiday fun.

Enjoy your weekend. A full report on our activities on Monday. See ya then!

No comments:

Post a Comment