Thursday, May 16, 2013

Time to party...

This week has been spent getting ready for the big party on Saturday. Monday night Sunshine Cindy and I were hard at it on the computers. I was putting the finishing touches on the May Mullet Wrapper newsletter. You can read it here: http://www.crabislandmambo.com/Mullet-Wrapper-May-2013.html

Sunshine Cindy was prepping all the final placards and getting labels completed for our tee shirts. We pulled out all the supplies and I think we have everything ready to go. The tent and stage people are set for Friday as is the port-a-potty delivery. We received pop up tents from Julie and Jan to use. I think we are about set.

Picture from last year's party

Tuesday Sunshine Cindy and I had to make a Home Depot run. We needed some caution tape. I think we ended up buying enough to tape off half the city. LOL From there we stopped in at Friday’s to get some dinner and have a few brews. It was slow at first in there but then it picked up. It was a beautiful evening and of course the top was down on Badass. We stopped at Publix for some last minute things Sunshine Cindy needed for her Mac & Cheese concoction she is making for the party. We made one more stop on the way home and that was at Chan’s Wine World. We picked up a couple of bottles for the party. From there we headed home for the night.

Wednesday I made a stop at Crab Island Cantina on my way home. Kyle was working and Greg was just coming in. I wanted to check and see if Southern Drawl Band was scheduled for June 16th. Carlos said as far as he knows they are but it is not showing on the SDB schedule. So I am not sure if this is a go or not. The harbor was busy for mid-week out of season. Kyle said it had been steady all day. I am not sure where everyone is coming from. When I left I stopped in at Landshark Pizza. The place was packed out the door. I only stayed for a short while as I had to get back home to help Sunshine Cindy make the Mac & Cheese for the party! LOL

Marilyn and Sin City Lisa from last year

I have been asked about the new Boschamps Oyster House that has recently opened. We have still not made it there yet but many of my friends have. What I have been hearing from them is expensive food that is only so-so. Drinks are expensive. With the new bartenders not knowing the cliental yet, deals are hard to come by. Boschamps has become the place to see and be seen for hot ladies. Many good looking ladies almost anytime you go there. Parking is limited. Great back deck and bar area. Interior of the restaurant is real cool. Most everyone thinks once they get past the start up issues it will be a great place. One of these days we will make it there!

Jerry Diaz played for us last year

Okay, time to complete the preparation for Saturday. Friends from Indiana, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia and all over Florida are coming to party with us. We hope you can join us too. A full report on all the fun will be posted on Monday. Enjoy your weekend. See ya Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment