Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother’s Day weekend in Destin

I hope all the Mothers, Grandmothers and Step Mom’s out there had a wonderful Mother’s Day. We spent Sunday at Sunshine Cindy’s Mom and Dad’s place. It was a perfect day finally and we had a great visit. The rest of the weekend was a blur.

Photo: 10 hr
Capt. Todd Allen had a good haul

Thursday in Destin was the blessing of the fleet. With the largest charter boat fleet in Florida this is a special day as the boats get blessed for a safe season. It must work, there has never been a charter boat lost to the sea. We were going to go to the docks but by the time we headed down it was packed. There was no place to park and people were everywhere. We headed to Hogs Breath instead. Cam was at the outside bar. I had a blackened fish sandwich that was great. For some reason I have never had one there before but heard they were great. I will have it again for sure.

After we left Hogs Breath we stopped in at Sago Sports Bar. DK was working the bar. First time we had met him. He usually works the Sandbar across the street. We enjoyed our stop in there as always.


This will be the new Margaritaville

Friday I spent the entire morning and early afternoon working on the Crab Island Mambo Mullet Wrapper newsletter for May. It will publish Wednesday. I did go down to the docks for a while. I saw Matt and hung out with him, Tommy and Capt Todd. I then took a stroll down towards Harborwalk Village. I could not get pass the old Lucky Snapper building. This is the one that will become a Margaritaville if they ever announce it. Well, It is happening. The entire ground level of the place is gutted. The building is so old there was a lot of rotted pilings and they are working to replace them. And they actually have a sign up announcing this is the future home of Margaritaville. I wonder when Buffett will make it official?

I guess it will happen!

Friday night we had a Parrothead party at Harry T’s. Through Tropical Isle of New Orleans, we donated 6 free admissions to our Saturday “3rd Annual Trop Rockin Rocky Bayou party presented by KC’s Sandbar” to the raffle. We are glad to say the club raised over twice the amount they usually raise. As that party wound down, Sunshine Cindy and I headed to Crab Island Cantina. We were joined by Scott and Bonnie and Wayne and Renae. A huge wedding party had most of the place closed off to the public. We stayed for a while, I got some pics of Greg and we headed off to the Boathouse.

We added Kyle, one of the bartenders from the Cantina, to our group. He joined us. At the Boathouse Kenny and Leanne were there. Courtney had just finished her shift and sat with us. She started a list of what you would make a friend who wanted to be “friends with benefits” have to do to earn that status. The more kinky the better. Needless to say the list was unique! LOL  Ike was playing music and there was a decent crowd there. It was fun as usual.

My clean up contribution...LOL

Saturday was going to be our beach cleanup. A line of storms were heading our way but I went anyway as I am in charge. Just as I pulled into the parking lot the skies opened up. I sat at the pavilion wondering if anyone else would show up. I did pick up one bottle cap so I can say I did clean up. Ed and Barb and Hank and Jane showed up. We all talked for a while under the pavilion then called it a day.

In the afternoon I joined Julie, Jan and Loujean at Landshark Pizza. Brian was working. Later Russ came by and Sunshine Cindy came after getting some party errands ran. Finally Kerby stopped in too. We had a blast. It was a fun time. We talked about Jan’s upcoming show he will be doing at Landshark on Sunday May 26th from 1-5 pm. That will be fun too. Finally we all headed down to Cash’s and hung out there to watch the rest of the race. What great friends we have.

It’s going to be a busy week as we get ready for the party this Saturday. Everyone is welcome. Here are the details: http://www.crabislandmambo.com/3rd-Annual-Trop-Rockin-Rocky-Bayou-Party-presented-by-KC's-SandBar-&-Grill.html

Have a great week. See ya Thursday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment