Friday, September 13, 2013

Destin happenings...

It has been a pretty quiet week here in our corner of paradise. Sunshine Cindy and I went down to the harbor on Tuesday. We went to Crab Island Cantina. We had some flyers for the Jerry Diaz and Hanna’s Reef show on Friday night to drop off. When we got there JB and Tami were setting up for Karaoke. We talked to them for a while before they got started. Greg was behind the bar and Judy came in while we were there. We had planned to only stay for a while but we ended up there for several hours.

First we talked to some ladies across the bar. They were doing a happy hour thing. Then Judy and Sunshine Cindy left so Judy could show Sunshine Cindy some things in the gift shop. About the time they got back a group of girls in a bachelorette party came in. They were wearing tutu’s and went into the area by the stage. It didn’t take JB long before he had them on stage singing. They were having a good time. At one point one of the girls got on some guys back. Not sure what that was about. About the time we were leaving the bride-to-be asked if I would take a picture with her. They wanted a “prom” type of photo. So of course I had to do it. Sunshine Cindy was having a good laugh. I think I am at that age where young ladies think I am harmless! LOL

The prom picture I never had...LOL

I spent Monday and Wednesday working on Crab Island Mambo stuff. The Mullet Wrapper newsletter will be published Sunday and that is taking up a lot of my time.

Destin Harbor

A ranking of the top 100 bars and nightclubs in the country recently came out. The top of the list is filled with places in Vegas, LA and Miami. But there is one local place that is on the list. AJ’s and Club Bimini is ranked at #40. That is quite an accomplishment for little ol Destin and AJ’s. AJ’s is located on the harbor and has been around for what seems like forever. It does not show any signs of slowing down any time soon either.

The new place in Ft. Walton Beach where Fishlipz used to be has opened. It is called Nauti Girls. They have girls roaming around in mermaid outfits from the photo’s I have seen. This is a neat place right on The Sound at the base of the Brooks Bridge. I will have to check it out.

Fun on the docks

Island Wing Co. has opened in Destin next to Winn Dixie. They are supposed to have over 50 beers on tap and a full bar. I will also have to check this place out too.

I have heard rumors of a sushi place that opened on the harbor down by The Monkey Bar. I was just down that way and didn’t notice it. I will go look around and see if I can find it. I have always thought a sushi place on the water down on the harbor would be a good idea.

Everyone is welcome to come down to Crab Island Cantina on Friday night at 8 pm for Jerry Diaz and Hanna’s Reef. They are past winners of the Trop Rock band of the year from the Trop Rock Music Association. Jerry and the guys always put on a fun show. The dance floor will be down and the Cantina will have drink specials too. There is no cover charge either!!!! Come down to the harbor and join us as we “Embrace the Chaos!”

A full report on all the fun on Monday. See ya then!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment