Thursday, November 21, 2013

Destin Wedding plans

Sunshine Cindy and I continue to make plans for our upcoming wedding. We are getting hitched in May down on the harbor here in Destin. Tuesday afternoon we met with a wedding planner. We need to have someone to help us pull this all together and make sure everything is a go for the big day. We met with Christine from RSVP events in Destin. She knows her business and will be a big help to us.

Jerry Diaz and Bobby Summers

We are getting all the outside vendors to supply what we need, we have booked Jerry Diaz and Hanna’s Reef to play music for us, Crab Island Cantina will host the wedding and reception…everything is falling into place. Being a guy I think this is all so simple and will handle itself. But we are looking at 200 people there, details to be finalized, rooms to be booked….even what color tablecloths we will use! LOL Just give me a beer and tell me where to go and how much money is needed!

When we left RSVP we stopped in at Island Wings for a beer and a bite to eat. As we found a seat at the bar we saw Alan and Jackie. We sat next to them. We seem to always run into those two. I had some craft beers and chili to eat. It was just the right spice and very good. Sunshine Cindy had a tuna sandwich. She also enjoyed her food. It was a nice visit with Alan and Jackie. Island Wings was not overly crowded so the noise level was not too bad like the first time we stopped in there.

Island Wings

Trying to get home from work on Wednesday was a chore. First the road in front of my office was backed up. I tried to go one direction but it was at a standstill. After only going a few hundred feet in about 10 minutes I turned around sat in more traffic but at least it was moving. I took some back roads and got back to Hwy. 98 thinking I was home free. Nope. I got onto the Island I could see flashing lights ahead. I came to another dead stop. Turns out a car was upside down in a sand dune.

There was emergency vehicles everywhere. It didn’t look too good. I heard this morning two people were in the car and taken to the hospital. I hope they are okay. After getting past that I seemed to get behind every slow driving snowbird in town. It took almost an hour to get home. Oh well, that does not happen too often.

No Tipsy Turtle on the harbor

Down on the harbor, the land that was Aloha Rentals is now roped off. This is the land that Johnny O’Quigley bought. He is waiting for a development order from the city of Destin to start work on his latest Ale House. What is really sad is the Tipsy Turtle tiki hut is gone. I am not sure where it went but there is a big empty space where it used to sit. There were a lot of great memories from that spot going back to when Baby J’s sat at the dock. Hopefully the new place will have some of that same charm.

Where Tipsy Turtle and Baby J's used to sit

Over in Shoreline Village shopping center a new coffee shop has opened. We seem to be getting coffee shops left and right in this town now. That entire shopping center is undergoing a massive renovation. I will be interested to see what ends up there. It is in a good location right at the entrance to Holiday Isle.

Not much planned for this weekend but we will find something to keep us occupied. Enjoy your weekend. See ya Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment