Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Key West

We made it...we are in Key West! The blog is a day late as we got into town and right into party mode. It was my birthday too. Sunshine Cindy and Wayne did a last minute surprise party for me. They had the band members of Southern Drawl show up as well many other friends. We had a great time then we all hit the town.

I won't bore you with all the details. I will have a day-by-day account of the entire trip on the Crab Island Mambo web site in the Mullet Wrapper in November. And no pictures as I am not on my computer. Sorry...

But...a few highlights so far...We had a great time in Punta Gorda. We did see Southern Drawl Friday night and Sunday afternoon. On Saturday Sunshine Cindy and I went to the Oktoberfest and made a stop at Bert's Bar. It is a funky hole in the wall place.

We call this trip our "family reunion" as we reconnect with so many old friends. This time is no different. We seem to pick up right where we last left off.

Okay, time for a morning walk in Old Town to get the blood flowing. I will try to update on Thursday. But we are on Island Time so no promises! See ya then!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment