Thursday, October 24, 2013

Destin Margaritaville

This has been a week dedicated to getting ready for our upcoming trip. Sunshine Cindy and I look forward to our “Parrothead Family Reunion.” We always have a great time with wonderful friends in SWFLA and then Key West.

Fun at the Nav-a-Gator lounge

But before we leave, there is still plenty going on in Destin. For one thing, winter arrived today. It was in the low 50’s this morning along the coast and in the 40’s inland. Brrrr! I am still not giving in though, I road into work with the top down on Badass! At least the days are in the 70’s.

We are getting closer to Margaritaville opening at Harborwalk Village. Reports say the construction will be done in early January with an opening towards the end of January. Last week they held auditions for musical acts so this is getting closer to being a reality. It was also reported Jimmy Buffett himself was in town a few weeks ago to check up on the construction. I can’t believe he didn’t call me to meet for a drink! LOL

A long way to go on the Destin Margaritaville

The fishing rodeo continues down on the docks. They have already weighed in more fish this year than any other year with over a week to go. That is pretty impressive. A couple that we know had their son Kaleb in the Destin Log holding up a fish he caught. That was pretty neat.

Destin Margaritaville

This is a big week in Destin as the Florida Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.) are holding their yearly convention in town. Between the Boardwalk on the island and Sago Sports Bar at The Palms, various activities are being held for the bikers. Last night at Sago they had a welcome party with the band Cadillac Willie playing. I saw some pictures and it looked like they had a big crowd. Later this weekend they will have the final party at Sago on Saturday.

The week began with getting new tires for Badass after I took a spike in one of them. New Goodyear Eagles are now on Badass all the way around. I also made sure Sunshine Cindy’s car is ready to go as we will be taking it on the trip. Everything is ready to go.

Duval Street Party for MOTM

I will try to keep my Mon/Thurs blog schedule but I can’t promise if it will be on time. I am on vacation after all. Everyone have a great weekend. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment