Thursday, January 24, 2013

If it's Snowbird Season....

It has been a real quiet week for us since we got back from New Orleans. Both Sunshine Cindy and I have been fighting colds so we felt it best not to get out and about. It was disappointing too because some of our friends were at KC’s Sandbar Wednesday. Oh well, maybe next time.

Sunshine Cindy - a two fisted drinker

As those of you who have been reading this blog regularly know, I have been reporting Margaritaville is close to being officially announced as a new tenant at Harborwalk Village. I keep hearing they are close to finalizing everything and getting the old Lucky Snapper building remodeled or rebuilt. Well, my sources have told me they did sign the contract last week. If my guess is right, Jimmy himself might announce it next week while he is in Pensacola for a concert. We shall see but it looks like this is going to happen for real finally!


Could we be in for more dancing on the bar?

My source also told me the Coyote Ugly chain has also signed a contract to rent space at Harborwalk. I don’t know where but with the building that used to house The Shedd empty, that might be the spot. Yep, it looks like Sunshine Cindy might have another bar to dance on pretty soon! 

The invasion of snowbirds is officially on. We are now in the season where people drive slow in the left lane with their seatbelt dragging and their turn signal forever on. As Brent Burns says about this time of the year, “If a car from Michigan passes you. It’s stolen.” Actually we have met some wonderful snowbirds over the years. Alan and Jackie come to mind right off the bat. So it’s hard to get too worked up over them since spring breakers are right around the corner!

Have a great weekend. See ya Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment