Monday, January 14, 2013

Fun weekend in Destin

Our weather continues to be amazing. Highs in the 70’s and low’s in the 60’s. I wish it would stay this way till spring! It was a fun weekend here on the Emerald Coast. Friday night the ECPHC had a meeting at Harry T’s. We packed the upstairs area. Harry T’s put out a great spread of food and Tim from Flash Flood was playing music. It was also Julie’s birthday weekend. She was getting shots and beers handed to her to celebrate. Phil and Norma were there. Phil even got up and sang a song with Rusty.


Steve and Mark at Harry T's

From there a big group of us went to the Rotten Apple to catch the end of Matt and Mindy’s show. The Apple has beautiful hardwood floors. Sometime over the last few days they a water leak and a big part of the floor is all buckled up. I hope they can fix it. We had a blast at the Apple.

Saturday afternoon Sunshine Cindy and I headed over to Landshark Pizza to watch some of the first playoff game. Julie joined us as the place was starting to fill up for the 2nd game with the Packers. Blake and his girlfriend were there as was our friend Steve. I got a call from Matt saying he was at the Boathouse and they were selling beer for $2 each. I told him we would be there in a little while. After eating a great pizza Renee made for us we headed over.


Sunshine Cindy and Matt

As we walked in we saw Blake and his girlfriend there. I joked they had gotten the memo too. Turns out Blake was going to play after Rusty finished. All the times I have talked to him I never knew he was a musician. A decent crowd was in there. Kenny showed up and others came and went. When Blake was finished playing, Sunshine Cindy and I headed out the door to go home but we heard music from Dockside blaring. So of course we had to check it out. There was a good crowd of younger folks listening to music from someone’s IPod.

It was good country music for the most part. The old Hank Jr. song, “Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound” came on and I started singing along. That song got me turned onto country music in the mid 70’s. Some young guy saw me singing along and high fived me. It’s funny because I was partying to that song long before he was born! Paige was there and she talked to us. Finally a young couple came in on a type of bar crawl/scavenger hunt. They needed to get a kiss from a total stranger. I guess it does not get much stranger then Sunshine Cindy and me so we were happy to oblige them! LOL

Blake playing at the Boathouse

Sunday I hunkered down to watch the Falcons playoff game. After having lived in Atlanta for 20 years, the Falcons are my second favorite football team after the Browns. They got off to a great start in the game but then blew the big lead. But like they have done most of the year they came back in the last few seconds to win it. Yep, never a doubt! LOL After the game I headed to Sago. Sunshine Cindy stayed home to get some stuff done around the house. Julie, Jan and Loujean were there. As I was walking in they were leaving to head to Landshark. So off I went too. I stayed there for a few beers before heading back home.

We have heard Scullys in Ft. Walton Beach has been sold. The plan is to keep the same name. It remains to be seen if the food and music will stay the same. We are off to New Orleans this weekend. It’s a Parrothead party that is always a blast. I will have the Thursday blog out before we head over. See ya then!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment