Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Back to New Orleans

This has been a short work week. I took Wednesday off to prepare for our trip to New Orleans. We leave early on Thursday so I am a little early getting this week’s blog out. We continue to get hammered with pop-up thunderstorms here in Destin. They come out of nowhere, drop a ton of rain and are gone. Typical Florida summer weather.

Kenny trying a paddleboard

Monday evening was spent working on this month’s Crab Island Mambo Mullet Wrapper. With the trip this weekend I had to get ahead. It will be another great edition if I do say so myself! LOL  Tuesday after work was the official start of my vacation. Sunshine Cindy and I went to Landshark Pizza for some food and brews. A good crowd was in there. The Olympics were on the TV…Women’s beach volleyball. Need I say more! Kimmy and Stephanie were working the bar and tables and Matt was doing some cooking. Brian talked to us for a while before he headed home. Scotty and Kim came in and sat next to us and we all talked about the Olympics. Then Steve came in and chatted with us too. He had never met Sunshine Cindy and he joked that she needed glasses so she could see who she was dating. Funny guy! LOL

As we were leaving Scotty and Kim talked us into going to Hogs Breath Saloon. When Scotty saw BadAss he wanted to ride over with us. He fell in love with my car. At Hogs Rikki was behind the bar and Flash Flood Duo were playing. “Coach” from The Boathouse was there and several others we didn’t know. It was fun but time to head home had been reached.

Sunshine Cindy with Scotty and Kim at Hogs Breath

Wednesday was a quiet day. I went down to the harbor and saw Steve at the Hawaiian Ice booth. Chatted with him for a while then took off across the island to KC’s Sandbar in Fort Walton Beach. Renee was behind the bar and a few folks were around the bar. Scott came by and sat down next to me and we talked for a while. He hurt his knee Memorial Weekend and is still trying to get the surgery done. He was working two jobs but didn’t have any insurance. He is in pain daily as he works to get all the paperwork done to have the surgery. And by the way, he is not able to work either. He worked security at KC’s and took tourist out diving. With the bad knee he can’t do either. Hopefully he will be able to get this fixed soon but the summer is gone. Jan showed up as he was leading the sunset sing-a-long. We talked too but I was ready to head home. On the way out I ran into Kenny. He had a thumb drive for me of Crab Island pictures. They will show up here from time to time. Okay, time to get ready to hit the road. I will have a full report on Monday! See ya then…

No comments:

Post a Comment