Monday, July 24, 2017

Dog Days of Summer in Destin

This is the time of the year where our days are all similar. Hot, humid, a chance of rain, tourist coming and going…It’s all pretty predicable. But that will start to change as schools will be getting ready to start back which will take a large chunk of the families out of our town.

Last week Sunshine Cindy and I had to go to Pensacola on Friday for her yearly checkup. All is good for another year I am happy to report. Friday afternoon we had a showing of our house. We had to load up Chaos and clear out for a while. We did get a good report that the folks really liked our place. We are keeping our fingers crossed. Here is the link to our listing if anyone knows of someone looking for a great place in Destin.
http://www.flexmls.com/share/zN1O/4248JadeLoopDestinFL32541

With Tiffany back in town for a few weeks, we took her out to Island Wings for lunch. Our server is someone Tiffany used to work with. That was cool. We enjoyed a good meal and some cold drinks.

Saturday Sunshine Cindy and I looked at a couple more houses with our realtor Jerry. We really like one place and took another off the list. It was in a preferred part of town but it had just too much wrong with it. After looking at the houses Sunshine Cindy and I stopped at Tailfins for some lunch and to discuss our house options. We have been stopping there on a regular basis and the help is recognizing us and greeting us. The harbor was really busy and Tailfins was also busy with some big groups eating.

Sunday I headed to Crab Island Cantina to listen to BT. Sunshine Cindy decided she wanted to stay home and relax. It was probably a good call. I could not get a parking place in the garage and the surface lots were packed with many cars driving around waiting for someone to leave. I ended up in the lot pass Landshark Pizza and walked to the Cantina from there.

It was hot and humid and by the time I got there I was sweating pretty good. The cold beer tasted real good. I talked to BT during his break and headed back towards my car. My plan was to stop at the outside bar at Tailfins for a beer then go to Landshark for some lunch.

At the outside bar at Tailfins there was no bartender. I waited about 5 minutes. I know the bartender has to run around a lot but I decided to go to the Boathouse for a beer. Dougie was there as well as a couple other locals. I cooled down with a cold beer then headed up the hill to Landshark.

Paige was working the bar and Jason was taking care of the tables. People came and went as they had a steady stream of folks. One family came in and the guy looked at the million different Green Bay Packers stuff on the walls and asked if it was a Packer bar. You couldn’t put anything pass this guy. lol  I had some wings and they were cooked to perfection. It felt good to be in the air conditioning too.

We drove by the old Friday’s this weekend and were surprised to see the building was torn down. I heard they are going to put a new and bigger Friday’s there plus a Panera Bread and an auto parts store.

The Destin Log is also reporting the long awaited work on Norriego Point is finally going to get started with most of the work to be done before next Summer.

This Friday the Parrot Heads have a phlocking at the American Legion was we work to raise money for our local charities. it will be a fun time like always. See ya next Monday!

Destin Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment