Monday, June 12, 2017

Drop Dead Dangerous kind of week in Destin

The ladies from Drop Dead Dangerous, Melanie and Kitty, spent the better part of the week in Destin working and playing. After playing at the Cantina the previous Sunday they were at Juana’s on Tuesday evening, The Boathouse on Wednesday, kayaking Crab Island on Thursday and finally playing for the Emerald Coast Parrot Head club on Friday night at Landshark Pizza. It was great getting see them a few times. They are very talented.

It was a busy week for us. I had a Parrot Head board meeting to attend on Thursday. Friday at the meeting at Landshark the club made two check presentations. $1000 to Food for Thought and $1597 to Children in Crisis which was from the Tailgates Down party from a few weeks ago. The club continues to Party with a Purpose!

Saturday was the first beach cleanup of the year but I had to miss it. I have sprained my knee and I knew I didn’t need to try and walk in the sand. So instead Sunshine Cindy and I went to the harbor for brunch at Harry T’s. While eating we saw Tommy kayaking by with a couple lady friends. We talked to them for a few minutes. It is always like old home week every time we stop at Harry T’s. Mama D came by to say hi, we chatted with Tim from Flash Flood and got big hugs from Michelle and Red.

After we were done Sunshine Cindy wanted to go home to do some work around the house but I talked her into going to Crab Island Cantina for a beer. Monica was working the bar. I saw Carlos across the room and texted him to come say hello. He responded to wave as he could see us on the security camera’s. He did come and say hello to us. He was thrilled with the turnout from DDD and I know he will have them back next time they are in town.

When we left it was now Sunshine Cindy’s turn to surprise. She suggested we stop at Jackacuda’s. Derrick was working the bar. He just got into town from Orlando for the summer. He was interesting to talk to. I didn’t get any sushi since I was still full from brunch. Next time.

On the way home Rotten Apple was mentioned so of course we had to stop there too. Tracy was working and Rosily was preparing to work. We have not seen her in a while as she just started at the Apple. They have done a lot of remodeling making the place even bigger. It is a late night party spot that packs them in. When we got home we spent the rest of the evening on the back porch.

I didn’t go anywhere on Sunday as I tried to rest my knee. I’m trying to get in to see someone about it. Rubbing dirt on it didn’t help! LOL

We are getting into full blown Summer Tourist Season traffic. The area by the Grande is packed with people and cars. Last week we had a person hit and killed there and the next day another accident had the intersection closed…all this at 6 am in the morning. It does not seem to slow down anyone from coming to town though. The rental boats going out to Crab Island on Saturday was amazing. One after the other going and coming.

It is supposed to be a rainy week. We shall see. Sunshine Cindy and I don’t have anything big planned other than Father’s Day. Have a fun week. See ya next Monday!

Destin Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment