Monday, April 18, 2016

It’s now Destin’s “shoulder season.”

Once Spring Break ends and before the Summer chaos, we have what’s known as “The Shoulder Season.” This is the time between the seasons. It is when Destin is at its best as the crowds are less and the weather is almost perfect.

This past week Sunshine Cindy and I didn’t do a whole lot. I got out on Friday after work as Sunshine Cindy wanted to stay home. I went to Landshark Pizza to watch the Tampa Bay Lightning hockey game. It was a good game and Tampa won. Courtney and “By God West Virginia” (I can’t remember her name but she is from WVA) were behind the bar. Steve was there as usual. I also ended up talking to an airman. He was a nice guy who started rooting for the Lightning with me. He is from Boston and a Bruins fan but they are out so he jumped teams. LOL

Saturday was spent working around the house again. We (actually Sunshine Cindy) finished the outside work as I just helped move stuff. It really looks great now. Our neighbor Rhett come and sprayed our driveway and sidewalk with something called “White Ox.” It is a water stain remover and works like a champ on the sprinkler stains. The outside looks fantastic with new plants and mulch.

Sunday was another day of work for Sunshine Cindy but this day was inside. I just get in the way so she told me to go to the harbor so she could work. When she is in the cleaning mode it’s best to vacate the premises. I took Chaos to the dog park for a while where I got her good and worn out. Then I went to Crab Island Cantina for the Drop Dead Dangerous and BT Turner show.

The weather was perfect. There was a marathon that was run in the morning so the traffic was a mess. I parked at the Civic Center as I could not get across 98. At the Cantina a big crowd was there. Melanie, Kitty and BT put on a fun show. The girls are really starting to make a name for themselves. Check them out on Facebook and catch a show when they are in your area. And of course BT plays every Sunday at the Cantina.

After the show I went back to Landshark for some dinner and to see the start of the Lightning game three. Steve was there again and Tony came in too. I watched the first period and could tell Tampa was not into the game. After I ate I went home to see what Sunshine Cindy had done. The inside of the house was immaculate…And she was wore out! We sat outside and had a beer and talked for a while. The rest of the evening was spent watching TV and Sunshine Cindy went to bed early.

I didn’t hear too much new news from around the town this week. I guess everyone is catching their breath from a busy Spring Break.

Have a great week. I took the week off so I am sure I will have some stories for you next Monday. See ya then!

Destin Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment