Monday, January 5, 2015

Back to reality…

The holidays are over and it is back to work time. But before we hit the grindstone on Monday we had some good times in Destin over the last few days.

On New Year’s Day, Sunshine Cindy and I went to Chip’s to watch some football. We had Julie, Russ, Suzanne and Tiffany join us. We watched the FSU/Oregon game then the first half of Ohio State and Alabama. Being an Ohio State fan I was happy that the Bucks beat Bama. That was probably the best game of the day. Oregon destroyed FSU. Nothing to see here…  We had a good time. The place stayed pretty full.

The beer is ready!

Friday morning was spent working on the Crab Island Mambo Mullet Wrapper for January. In the afternoon Sunshine Cindy could see I was ready to get out of the house. She was doing things around the house so I took her up on her offer to go get a drink. I went to Landshark Pizza. Wayne joined me. Brian was mixing up another batch of hot sauce. This was made with the Scorpion pepper. It is supposed to be hotter than the Ghost pepper. I put a dot of the sauce on my fingertip and tasted it. OMG, it almost burned a hole in my mouth. I don’t know how anyone can eat more than a drop or two of that stuff.

About the time I headed home Landshark was getting filled up. They did a great business all during the holidays. One day last week there was a couple from Germany in there having some pizza. The guy got a pizza combination I had never heard of before. He got a BBQ and salami pizza. He seemed to love it! LOL

On Saturday Sunshine Cindy and Tiffany went shopping returning some things and looking for good deals. They got home in the afternoon. Sunshine Cindy and I then headed to the Ramada to join Alan and Jackie and watch some more of the NFL playoffs. They just got back from New Orleans and we wanted to hear all about their trip too. Of course NOLA was packed for NYE but they had a good time.

We are ready to head to NOLA

There was a couple sitting at the bar. It turns out they were originally from Ohio. We talked about Put in Bay. It turns out they know one of the musicians we will have playing for us during next June’s Phlocking of the Phaithful Trop Rock party. We might have some Phlocking Virgins as they are thinking about coming. If you want to join us, here’s the details: http://www.crabislandmambo.com/Crab-Island-Mambo-presents-Phlocking-of-the-Phaithful.html

Put in Bay, Ohio

And on Sunday we rested. Sunshine Cindy was a little under the weather due to some of her meds so I made a run to Waffle House to get some of her favorite hash browns and an omelet. That made her smile! LOL  Other than that I watched more football and hockey on the tube. The reality of knowing I had to go back to work on Monday made for a lazy day.

It is supposed to get cold around here again. We had been wearing shorts the last few days but winter will remind us it is still here. Have a great week. See ya Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment