Monday, December 22, 2014

Thankful in Destin this holiday season

Last week was a trying time for Sunshine Cindy and I. She had a minor stroke and spent several days in the hospital. But I am glad to say there was no long term issues and Sunshine Cindy is getting stronger every day.

Thursday was her first day back home. She took it easy and I kept an eye on her. Friday we got out and did some Christmas shopping. We stopped at Wal-Mart then went back home so she could relax. We went back out in the afternoon and hit several stores. We got almost all our shopping done. One of the stops we made was at Belk Department store. I am not a department store kind of guy. I joked that if they had a lounge in the store it would be a money maker as all the guys would gladly go there while the wife shopped. LOL

Merry Christmas from Paradise

We stopped at Friday’s on the way home for some dinner. We ran into Suzanne, Ruthie and several other friends. It was nice talking to them. The dinner was good and relaxing.

Saturday we made a stop at Beach Liquor for the last of our shopping. Booze is the universal gift! Our friend Julie stopped over the house to check up on Sunshine Cindy. She brought over some food and a beautiful bouquet of roses. That was so nice of her. In the afternoon Sunshine Cindy told me to get out of the house and go have a beer. I took her up on it and went to Landshark Pizza for some wings and beers. I didn’t stay long and got back home to keep a watch on her.

Beer, beer and more beer

Sunday I got another pass from Sunshine Cindy to go watch some football. I stopped in at Chip’s to watch the Browns. They lost again…what else is new. Then it was back home. We are not doing any real partying right now. We missed several parties some friends of ours had this weekend. But the important thing is to get Sunshine Cindy back to 100%

Here are couple of things going on in Destin right now. World of Beer will be opening at the Commons on January 19th. This has been a long time coming but they are almost ready to get the taps flowing.

One of the oldest restaurants in Destin recently closed. Sakura’s suddenly shut down. From what I heard they actually removed their equipment in the middle of the night and didn’t even tell their employee’s they were closing. They found out when they showed up for work the next day. That’s pretty rotten.

Sunshine Cindy and I have received so many well wishes, prayers and offers of help that we are speechless. Our friends are the best in the world. Thank you everyone for your support. It means the world to us. As I mentioned above, Sunshine Cindy and I have plenty to be thankful for this holiday season! Merry Christmas y’all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment