Monday, November 10, 2014

Destin is Quiet

This time of the year is probably the quietest time of the entire year in Destin. The fishing tournament is over, fall breaks have been completed and the snow birds have not descended on the town in full force yet. This is when you can walk into almost any restaurant and get a table at dinner time! LOL

Sunshine Cindy and I didn’t do much this weekend. We are still winding down from our Key West vacation. Thursday night I headed to Landshark Pizza to watch the Browns football game. It was a big game for them against the Bengals who were heavily favored. Paige, Jason and Austin were working. I settled in at the bar with a pizza and a beer. I watched the first half at Landshark. The Browns were kicking butt. I got home in time for the second half and they continued their domination. Wow is all I can say. They look like a real team this year.

Landshark Pizza

Friday Sunshine Cindy and I ran around town doing a bunch of errands. It was mid afternoon when we were done. We decided we wanted some lunch so we headed to the Boathouse. As we walked in someone was waving at us. It was our friends from Southern Illinois. Alan and Jackie are back for the winter. They also had Kistin, Jeff, Cathy and Dale with them. We knew they were in town but we never expected to run into them at the Boathouse on a Friday afternoon. We had a good time catching up with them.

We saw some other friends there too. Gigi was running around making sure everyone was doing their jobs, Kerby was there fixing some things, Paige stopped by with Lela and Bree was there with her child. We had a nice relaxing time there. We left and headed home for the evening. As I was driving home on Main Street, some old guy riding a bicycle in the right hand lane was weaving a little so I moved over to the outside lane. Just as I got to him he turned right in front of me. Good thing I was watching. I slammed on my brakes and avoided the old guy but it scared the crap out of me.

Fun at The Boathouse

On Saturday Sunshine Cindy and I worked around the house and on Crab Island Mambo stuff. Plus Sunshine Cindy cooked up a pot of potato soup to take to a party we were going to that evening at Julies. The soup turned out fantastic. The party was a lot of fun. It was nice hanging with friends.

We didn’t go to the harbor on Saturday for the Blues, Brews and BBQ festival. From what I have heard they had big crowds. We were there last year and had a fun time so I am sure everyone had fun this year. I have not seen who won the best BBQ but there are some real good BBQ in this town so I am sure it was deserved.

Blues, brews and BBQ last year

We were very lazy on Sunday. I watched some football. Sunshine Cindy cooked up a great brunch. The only place I went to was Landshark Pizza to visit with our Southern Illinois friends. I wanted to drop off some flyers for Kirstin to take back to her parrot head club for our June "Phlocking of the Phaithful" Trop Rock party in Put in Bay, Ohio. We would love to see some of their club come up and party with us. In fact we love for everyone to join us for this fun time. Here is the link for all the information: http://www.crabislandmambo.com/Crab-Island-Mambo-presents-Phlocking-of-the-Phaithful.html

As I mentioned it is real slow around town right now. Driving home Saturday night there was almost no one on the road. This is such a far cry from just a few weeks ago. But don’t get me wrong. I am not complaining. It is a nice break.

It looks like some colder weather is coming in again later this week. I am ready for summer!!! Have a great week. See ya Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment