Monday, May 12, 2014

Destin weekend…

This weekend was the calm before the storm…so to speak. With the wedding coming up this weekend, we spent most of the last few days tightening up loose ends. Thursday we did get to the Cantina to make sure all the preparations are complete. Judy and Stephanie are doing a great job working with us. I highly recommend them for any big party you are planning. Our drink concoction was finalized and we are good to go.

Sailboat in the harbor

While there we had a few drinks and some dinner. I had their Tamales. I love them! The Cantina has great food and drinks. The place was crowded. It turns out they had a party of about 30 people. It made for a good night for them.

Friday I worked on the upcoming Mullet Wrapper. Meanwhile Sunshine Cindy and Tiffany went to Pensacola for some final wedding shopping. They ended up being gone all day. I headed down to the harbor early for the Parrot Head meeting. Wayne was off for the day and he went early too. We planned to meet at The Crust Pizzeria. On my way over I ran into Capt. John. He joined us too. We talked to Charlie for a while. LeMaya was waiting on us. She is an outgoing server. Capt. John and Charlie talked about sailing. Charlie is looking to buy a sailboat.

We left there to head to Harry T’s for the meeting but we first made a stop at Harbor Gifts. I wanted to say “hi” to Tim and Sandy. We talked a little about how slow it has been on the docks but we talked a lot about the Browns drafting Johnny Manziel. Now that was big news. At Harry T’s the Parrot Heads had the upper deck packed out. It was another good time with food, drinks and music. A great combination.

Don't ask! LOL

Wayne and I left and went to Crab Island Cantina. Mike was behind the bar. The Penguins and Rangers game was on a TV. We ended up staying to watch the whole game. I had the Cantina’s gumbo. It is award winning and I can see why after having it. This was outstanding gumbo. We had several friends stop by and Judy sat with us for a while. It was a nice relaxing evening on the harbor. From there it was time to head home.

Sunshine Cindy and I didn’t do a lot on Saturday outside the house. I had an appointment for a haircut with Renee at 10 am. After that was done Sunshine Cindy and I decided to stop for some breakfast. Everyplace we tried to get into was packed. We went to the harbor thinking we would go to Margaritaville at 11 when they opened for lunch. We had about 20 minutes to kill. We walked to the Marler charter booth to talk to Matt. He was his usual crazy self. We then stopped at Fishheads. Becca was opening the place. We have not seen her in a while. She seems to be doing fine.

We changed our mind about Margaritaville and instead went to Harry T’s. We didn’t know it but they do brunch on Saturdays too. Sunshine Cindy loves her breakfast food so she was in heaven. We are getting to know a lot of the folks at Harry T’s and I think we talked to every one of them! LOL  When we left we headed home for the rest of the day doing things around the house.

Harry T's packed with Parrot Heads

With Sunday being Mothers Day, I made breakfast for Sunshine Cindy. It was a nice way to start the day. I worked on Crab Island Mambo stuff while Sunshine Cindy worked around the house. In the afternoon I went out to wash Badass. It was hot out. Summer has finally got here. I worked up a good sweat but Badass looks good again. Finally in the late afternoon, I headed to Landshark Pizza. Sunshine Cindy wanted to stay home so I went for a while.

As I was pulling into the parking lot I felt something hit my arm. I looked and realized I had been pooped on by a bird. That sucker had to have good aim and targeting skills to hit a moving car! LOL I got cleaned up and cleaned Badass up again. In Landshark Jason was working the tables. He was in pain. He has a kidney stone that was causing him a lot of grief. He was toughing it out though. I had some wings, a few beers and brought home some food for Sunshine Cindy. All in all it was another great weekend in Destin!

This week we already have friends and family coming into town. It is going to be a wild and crazy week. I will have an update on Thursday. See ya then!

No comments:

Post a Comment