Thursday, August 8, 2013

Mimmo's in Destin

It has been a good week so far in Destin. We are finally back to a normal weather pattern with afternoon thunderstorms passing through but no day long monsoons. The traffic is also way down. With schools starting in Georgia there has been a marked difference in the traffic. We are slowly getting our town back.

Monday Sunshine Cindy and I stayed in. We worked on straightening up around the house and catching up on Crab Island Mambo paperwork. Sunshine Cindy did stop at Chicken Salad Chick to pick up some food. This is a new place in City Market. She got sandwiches and pasta salad. It was all good. Sunshine Cindy had a type of Chicken Salad while I had roast beef. They did not skimp on the portions. I am sure we will hit them up again.

Cajun Mike

Tuesday I had a dentist appointment with Dr. Corley. It was a normal cleaning and everything was fine as usual except for the guy in the room next to me who was hollering and whimpering. What a baby! LOL I stopped home and Sunshine Cindy was not wanting to go anywhere. It was early so I headed to Landshark Pizza for a while. Brian was just finishing his shift and Sue, Stephanie and Becca were starting. Brian sat at the bar with me and we talked about the upcoming “E.T.C. at L.P. Party” (Embrace the Chaos! at Landshark Pizza) that will be Sunday September 1st from 1-5 pm with Jan Patton playing. I gave them some flyers to post about the event and Brian was going to get Budweiser to make up some banners. Everyone is welcome to join us for this fun party.

Sitting there I decided to have some wings. These were probably the biggest wings I have ever had. They were great. The bar filled up. Some friends of Brian’s sat next to him. They gave him a bag of Ghost peppers and some others that are just as hot if not hotter. These are some of the hottest peppers known. Brian uses them to mix up his Liquid Death sauce for his hot wing eating contest. Brian gave me a small piece of one of the peppers. It was like someone put a hot iron into my mouth. I don’t know how anyone can eat a whole pepper but one of the guys did. Wow! It was a good time there. We had a thunderstorm pass and it cooled everything down before I left.

The Boardwalk

Wednesday Sunshine Cindy and I hit a new Italian restaurant in Destin. Mimmo’s is the place that I found when I was riding my bike last weekend. Wednesday was exactly one month since they opened. Chef Mimmo La Innusa is the owner. We were sorry he was not in the restaurant as he was visiting with his brother. I understand this was his first day off since they opened.

The place is decorated nicely with a big brick oven in the back corner for authentic brick oven pizza’s. The staff was attentive and Cindy took good care of us. The food was great. We started with a garlic roll appetizer. It was a great start to our meal. Sunshine Cindy ordered Pasta Carbonara and I had Chicken Parmesan. The portion sizes were huge. I had two big pieces of chicken. I could only finish a little more than half. We finished with a desert that was as good as everything else.

The Monkey Bar

We both had wine with our meal. The bartender turned out to be the wife of Mimmo. Meghan checked on us and everyone in the place several times to make sure everything was okay. There was a good crowd in the place. Prices were very reasonable. I believe as the word gets out about how good it is the place will stay packed. They are located in front of Winn Dixie next to Another Broken Egg Café in the heart of Destin. We will be back for sure.

This weekend we have a Parrothead meeting at Harry T’s on Friday. That means a harbor crawl will take place after the meeting! lol Don’t forget we still have a few of the Crab Island Mambo Aqua tee shirts in large. Get yours ordered today before we are out again. Click here: http://www.crabislandmambo.com/Crab-Island-Mambo-Merchandise.html

Fun at the Tipsy Turtle with a new Mambo Tank

Get out and “Embrace the Chaos! this weekend. See ya Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment