Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Typical Destin Week

We are finally starting to dry out in Destin after almost 5 days of rain. Destin ended up with almost 10 inches of rain total over that time. That’s a lot for this time of the year.

Fun at Sago Sports Bar

Tuesday Sunshine Cindy and I stopped in at Sago Sports Bar. We wanted a bite to eat and to talk about Crab Island Mambo stuff. A good crowd was there. There was a big party going on. A girls basketball team was having an awards dinner. The beer was cold and the food hot so we were happy!

Wednesday I stopped at Landshark Pizza on the way home to meet Alan and Jackie. I had some Crab Island Mambo stuff to give them for an upcoming charity event they are having. I think I knew almost everyone in the place. Matt, Paige and Stephanie were working that night. It was wing night and almost everyone was eating wings including me!!! It was a fun night.

Landshark Pizza Party

Every day I drive by the old Fish Bar restaurant on the Destin harbor. It was sold and is being remodeled. Actually rebuilt is a better way to describe it. The new place will be called Boshamps Oyster House. They started the construction last fall. The amount of work going on there is amazing. Lumber and pilings are stacked up everywhere. They are putting in a big covered patio type area. A boardwalk is also being built. I can see from the road parts of the building was torn down and bigger spaces are now there. I can’t wait for this place to open to see what it’s going to be like.

New construction at Boshamps from their web site

Monday we will have a full report on our trip to Tampa and “Music on the Bay” this weekend. It will be a fun Trop Rock weekend! See ya then…

No comments:

Post a Comment