Monday, April 16, 2018

Another busy week in Destin

Sunshine Cindy and I had another busy and fun week. We spent another weekend of working in the yard as we continue to put down marble rocks. Two more pallets went down with one more to go. I guestimate I have moved about 33 tons worth of rock over the last couple weekends. Not bad for an old man! The yard is looking great. Sunshine Cindy’s vision is coming to life.

Tuesday after work I met Sunshine Cindy at Tailfins. BT is back in town and we were meeting him and Nicole there to welcome him back. It was great seeing him. He is booking gigs again. He starts at the Cantina on the 29th for his usual Sunday afternoon gig. It was fun hanging out at Tailfins. We saw several friends who were there enjoying a nice afternoon too.

Thursday evening we went to Landshark Pizza to watch the Tampa Bay Lightning’s first playoff game. We had a great time. Josh was behind the bar taking care of us. Jason was working tables but he talked to us when he had time. Turns out his brother has season tickets to the Lightning’s games. That’s cool. I got to wear my jersey Sunshine Cindy bought me for my birthday too. And the best thing was they won!!!

Friday night we were supposed to join the Parrot Heads at Royal Palm Grill for a beach bonfire. We were both so tuckered out from working all day we decided to stay home and relax. The Parrot Heads had a great time but it was the right call to stay home.

On Saturday our friends Mike and Brodie had a pre-wedding reception at Crab Island Cantina. Their actual wedding is next Saturday but it is at a small place so they had this reception for all of their friends to help them celebrate. BT played and a ton of folks came out. There were friends from Panama City who we don’t see often enough who even came. We are so happy for Mike and Brodie and we were glad to help them celebrate!

Saturday night / Sunday morning we had a big line of storms pass through our area. By sunrise they were past us and the sun came out by 9:30 am. I was able to take Chaos out for her normal walk. She was happy about that! LOL  Sunshine Cindy and I went to The Fresh Market for breakfast. It was our first time there. The breakfast was only so-so but some of their sandwiches looked like they would be great. We might come back to try them.

When we left The Fresh Market we stopped in at Publix for a few things. I noticed they had signs up saying no beer/wine till 1 pm on Sunday. I thought that law was changed. I know Beach Liquor is open early on Sunday. When we left Publix we actually stopped in at Beach Liquor and found out that change was only for places in the city limits of Destin. So that only includes Beach Liquor, Cash’s and Winn Dixie. Except Winn Dixie is still not selling beer/wine early because they have not received corporate approval. No wonder Winn Dixie has declared bankruptcy. They are losing a lot of money because of this. This should be a no-brainer to make happen. Geesh…

Around town the last big parcel of land that was under contract to a Dolly Parton development company has been sold again. This is next to the new apartments on Commons. A bank that was on the property has been torn down too. I have not heard what is going in here yet.

The old Panini Pete’s building next to the Waffle House is being remodeled. I think some kind of vacuum place is going in there. I could not read the sign to well as I drove by. And if it is a vacuum place that makes no sense to me but hey, what do I know. LOL

Businesses on Crab Island are getting an early start this year. There are already 5 or 6 structures set up out there. I know the county is working on something to regulate it out there but I don’t think they will get anything done for this season.

The rebuild of The Pointe is coming along. We now have a mountain of sand at the end where they have extended it to pre-hurricane days. I hope we don’t get any hurricane’s this year as I can see all that sand back in the harbor entrance.

And last but not least the girls are coming back to town. This Friday, Saturday and Sunday Drop Dead Dangerous will be back at Juana’s in Navarre. It has been a while since we saw Kitty and Melanie. They are a great duo. Get out to see them if you get a chance.

Have a great week. See ya next Monday.

Destin Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment