Monday, April 24, 2017

Kind of like Spring Break for old farts

I took last week off. I joked with folks that it was my Spring Break since Sunshine Cindy and I were going to Panama City Beach for a Trop Rock party called Rendezvous put on by the Panama City Parrot Head Club. We left on Thursday but I enjoyed a few days off before we left.

Monday I had an appointment with my eye doctor for a normal checkup. It was a quiet start to the week. Tuesday was more exciting. Sunshine Cindy had to work all day so I crammed a lot into the day. I went to Dr. Payne for a chiropractic adjustment. I always feel good after that. Then I hit the grocery store and liquor store for some provisions for the upcoming weekend. I dropped off the stuff at home then went to the harbor as I needed to see some folks about our May party.

My first stop was at Crust Pizzeria. They are a sponsor for the May party and I dropped off some tickets and flyers for them. I also had some pizza for lunch. It was great as usual. After talking with Brenda and Charley for a while I went to the Boathouse. I was hoping to talk to Jenn about the party but I missed her by ten minutes. I grabbed a beer and talked to Courtney, Kerby and a couple other folks that were there. Next stop was going to be in Harborwalk Village checking out a store that might have the perfect birthday present for Sunshine Cindy. But before I could get there I saw Melissa at Fishheads and stopped to talk with her for a while. They were busy for a Tuesday afternoon. The town was still busy.

I continued on to the shop but they had so many neat things I could not decide what would be best. I figured I better bring Sunshine Cindy there another day and let her check out the stuff. Heading back to the car I stopped at Tailfins. I had a couple beers enjoying the perfect day. Leaving the harbor I wanted to be by the water so I stopped at The Backporch for happy hour. I was worried about finding a place at the bar but I was lucky and there were several stools open. A half-pound of boiled shrimp and several beers later I headed home. Chaos and I spent the evening watching sports as Sunshine Cindy didn’t get home till almost 9 pm. She did a lot of shopping after work. LOL

On Wednesday I road-tripped to Ft. Walton to meet up with Mike and get some flyers that were going to be in the goody bags at Rendezvous. Also on Wednesday we had a guy come look at our AC. It was not cooling right. After several attempts he got it working but we will need to replace our system. Ouch! I did head to LuLu’s in the evening. BT was playing there and several friends were going to be there including Jeff and Robbin from Milwaukee. It was great seeing everyone.

Thursday we were off to PCB. We checked into the Reef at Seahaven about 1 pm. Saying the Reef is a dump is doing a disservice to dumps but it is on the water and right next to our venue which was Sharkey’s so we put up with the place. Checking in we had about 7 bikers checking in at the same time. These guys were retired firemen who all like to ride. We became friends with them and saw them all weekend. We shared more than a few drinks with these guys.

Music started at 6 pm on Thursday and went all weekend long on the beach. The weather was great. We got to see a lot of friends. The headliners were Drop Dead Dangerous on Thursday, Southern Drawl Band on Friday and Jim Asbell and the Tropiholics on Saturday night. A lot of other great musicians played too during the days. A lot of money was raised for Girls, Inc and everyone had a fun time.


PCB was busy with a jazz fest at Pier Park drawing a ton of folks to that area. At Schooners there was a Cajun Fest that had the east end of the beach packed. It took us a while on Sunday to get out of the area as we headed back to Destin. We made a stop at Cheeseburger in Paradise for lunch as a storm blew through town. It dropped the temperature about 15 degrees in a few minutes.

There was one more final stop at the harbor to take Sunshine Cindy to that shop I had visited earlier in the week. Alas she didn’t find something that she had to have so I will keep looking. It was amazing how crowded Destin was. The harbor was teeming with folks. We don’t really have a down time anymore in this town. But we got home to Chaos. She was super excited to see us.

Spring Break for this old fart is over and it is back to reality and work. See ya next week.

Destin Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment