Monday, December 19, 2016

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from Destin

The holiday season is in full swing in Destin. You can’t turn around without seeing a Santa or two! Sunshine Cindy and I went up to Niceville on Saturday to celebrate her Dad’s birthday. It was a nice day as we sat outside and gave her Dad a proper birthday celebration.

When we headed back to Destin we decided to stop at Hogs Breath for a while. We were sitting at the outside bar. Rikki was working and a good crowd was there. We were sitting by Bill who is a parrot head. We didn’t know Bill was 85 years old. He is always out and enjoying himself. Good for Bill.

We also got to talking to Robert and his wife. In the “it’s a small world” category we found out Robert was the person who originally was going to by the house we now live in. Sunshine Cindy got it when Robert backed out because of a fence that was going to be built. It was a new build and we have a lake right behind us. For safety purposes a fenced was going to be built. Robert was told it would be a solid 8 foot fence which would have blocked the view of the lake. So when he backed out Sunshine Cindy jumped in and they ended up putting in a small fence. That was wild talking to them about it.

Sunday Funday saw us at Charlie’s inside Crab Island Cantina to watch football. The Browns lost again. Nothing new there. Ken, Donny and Chad joined us. At least their team won. Brian, Julie, Alan and Jackie all showed up too. We had a fun time. Christmas carols were sang, jokes were told and everyone had a blast.

Saturday morning I took a bike ride. I rode over 9 miles. Come along for the ride.

I pulled out of our sub-division and rode up Commons Drive and then up to Hwy 98 at the roundabout by Home Depot. I crossed over 98 and headed east to Matthews Blvd. The new Henderson Resort is open. They are doing more building both north and south of the resort. It looks like some townhomes or something similar is going in. Now I turned east down Scenic 98 and headed towards the Crab Trap. The wind was hollowing and blowing right in my face so I cut into the Crystal Beach area and started to loop back.

Now I was heading west on 98. As I got to Restaurant Row I passed the new Home Suites hotel. They have also just opened. They actually built this place pretty fast. I stopped for a few minutes to enjoy the Gulf of Mexico watching the waves pound the shore. Some brave paddle boarders were out riding the waves. I crossed back over 98 at The Track and headed to Airport Road. I rode by Beach Liquor and went to Commons Drive.

I rode into the shopping center with Beals and then onto the Wal Mart center. There is still the big hole in the Beals center where Dick’s Sporting Goods was going to open. Last I heard the shopping center was sold and no one knew if Dick’s was still coming in. It sad because businesses were closed to make room for Dick’s and now they sit empty with For Lease signs on them. What a waste.

From there I headed back home. The entire trip took a little over an hour and I got a lot of fresh air and exercise!

Sunshine Cindy and I want to wish all of our Blog Friends a Merry Christmas. We hope Santa is good to you! See ya next Monday!

Destin Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment