Thursday, September 25, 2014

Not PBR too

I was reading this week that Pabst Blue Ribbon beer has been bought out by a Russian company. Say it ain’t so. PBR is one of the iconic American Brands that in recent years has made a big comeback. Now it is going the way of Bud, Miller and Coors who are all owned by foreign companies. Thankfully I still have my American owned Yuengling!

Mambo and Yuengling Light

It has been a quiet week around Destin. Work has been busy so we have not ventured out yet. We did miss a birthday celebration for Kenny at KC’s Sandbar last night. I have seen a few pictures and it looks like it was a lot of fun. Sorry we didn’t make it Kenny.

I first moved to Destin in 1999. There was a street that I drove all the time, Kelly Street, which is an east/west road that has the elementary school on it. Back in 1999 Kelly Street was rough and in need of repaving. Here we are 15 years later and the road has never been worked on. It is in really bad shape now. I think this road was last paved when horses were the main mode of transportation. LOL  Well, this stretch of road is finally going to be reworked. I kind of hate to see it change as I think of the history that road has seen. But all the cars won’t mind it being modernized.

Most sports fans are happy football is back but I am really happy that hockey is back this week with training camps open and pre-season games being televised. Hockey is the fastest sport and is great to watch. Tampa is going to have a real good team this year. They surprised a lot of folks last year with a bunch of young guys playing great. This year should only be better…I hope!

Hockey in Florida

Registrations continue to come in for our Trop Rock event in Ohio next year, Phlocking of the Phaithful. Remember you don’t have to be a Parrot Head or member of any club to attend. Everyone is welcome. Click the link for all the details: http://www.crabislandmambo.com/Crab-Island-Mambo-presents-Phlocking-of-the-Phaithful.html

Sunshine Cindy and I don’t have much on the agenda for this weekend. We do have a Parrot Head meeting on Friday at KC’s Sandbar in Fort Walton Beach. That will be a fun time as always. The rest of the weekend is wide open. No telling what chaos we might get into too! See ya Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment