Thursday, September 6, 2012

Quiet week so far...

It has been a quiet week after the fun of the Labor Day weekend. Monday I did get out for a bike ride to try and exercise a little. I rode to the post office in the middle of the day when it was about 90 degrees out. It’s about 2 ½ miles there. I decided to ride over to Landshark Pizza and get a cold beer before riding home. Brian was there and the place was not busy as the lunch crowd had gone. While there I had Brian email me his latest football specials so I can get them up on the Crab Island Mambo web site. Brian does a good job with making Landshark a good locals place.

Let's go to Crab Island

When I left to head home, I was not even out of the parking lot when I heard someone call my name out. I turned around there was Matt from the Tipsy Turtle. We chatted for a few minutes and off to the house I went. The wind was behind me on the way home so it was an easier ride. The rest of the day was spent doing a lot nothing. Sunshine Cindy and I are good at that! LOL

Tuesday was back to work. Ugh! In the evening I spent some time on Crab Island Mambo business. Otherwise it was an evening of watching it rain and catching some sports on TV. Nothing too exciting.

Wednesday evening Sunshine Cindy and I decided to head to Sago Sports Bar. This is a new sports bar inside The Palms Condo. When we got there a small crowd was around the bar. The Cowboys and Giants were going to be playing the season opening football game later so I was curious as to what kind of crowd the place would pull. JB was there and we talked to him for a while. He was supposed to be performing on the patio but they had taken a lightning strike and it took out some of the cash registers and speakers. He ended up just hanging out. Tommy is the manger of the place. We know him from the Tipsy Turtle. We chatted with him too telling him what a great job they have done decorating the place. He said they have more TV’s coming in soon. Big one’s too like 70 and 80 inch big! Hopefully he will do some advertising on our Crab Island Mambo site.

Under the Destin bridge

We ordered some food which was good typical bar food. We got a bucket of beer but they have good prices on draft beer too. We saw Pete and talked with him for awhile. The place filled up with a subdued crowd eating, talking, playing pool and watching the game. It is a great atmosphere in the place. We will be back.

Some news from Harborwalk Village. The Shedd has closed their doors. The BBQ and Blues joint could not get established. No plans for the building but we understand it will be torn down when the next phase of Harborwalk starts construction. Last week Tightlines closed down. This was not unexpected. When Lucky Snapper could not get a new long term lease they left last year. Tightlines came in with a one year deal as there was talk about a new project going into the space starting this fall. The rumors continue to point to Lulu’s opening a place there. She is Jimmy Buffett’s sister and has a thriving establishment in Orange Beach, AL. An announcement is due within 30 days. We shall see.

Crab Island

This weekend we have our last beach cleanup of the year. Hopefully the weather will be good for us. Enjoy your weekend. See ya Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment