Monday, July 30, 2018

Shark Week

This has been shark week on the Discovery Channel. Of course every week is shark week in Destin. My own personal experience with sharks was a few years ago. I was on the beach at Topsail. It was a middle of the week day and the beach was deserted. I was sitting in the water’s edge when I saw a fin coming towards me a few feet from the sand. I stood up and I saw a 8 foot Hammerhead shark just cruising up the coast. I took a step back and watched as this big guy swam a few feet from me. I felt pretty secure on the beach. LOL

Sunshine Cindy and I had a busy day on Friday. She had an appointment in Pensacola first thing in the morning. We got there early but had to wait as the doctor was running late. 2 hours later we were still waiting. The doctor had an emergency so they canceled the appointment. It was frustrating but we understand you have to take care of the emergencies.

We drove back and met her parents at the new Props in Niceville for lunch. This place is in the old Helen Back location. It’s a nice sports bar. The food we had was good and the craft beer is excellent. We all then went to 3rd Planet Brewing Company. They have a new building and have many great beers they brew. It was nice as they don’t have TV’s or WiFi and people were actually talking to each other. They do have a food truck and they even encourage folks to bring food from home if they want to.

From there Sunshine Cindy and I stopped at LuLu’s. We have not been there in a long time. We sat at the outside bar and enjoyed the breeze. A plane that could land on water came and went a few times while we were there. I’m wondering if LuLu’s gives rides on this plane. We thought about going to the Parrot Head meeting at the new Village Door but decided instead to stop at The Craft Bar to let the traffic die down a little. We had a big pretzel and some drinks before heading home where we spent the rest of the evening in the pool.

Saturday was spent doing things around the house. I made a grocery run but otherwise it was working outside and some more pool time.

Sunday I had to get my pizza fix from Landshark Pizza. Paige was working the bar and Renee was waiting on the tables. The place was pretty busy with families coming and going. The pizza was as good as always. I should be good for a couple weeks now.

Around town things were kind of quiet. We had the usual traffic and tourist to contend with but nothing out of the ordinary for this time of the year. I did hear about a new bar that has opened on the harbor. Next to Tailfins is a house. Tim owned this house and the land that Tailfins was built on. I saw Tim about a year ago and he said the noise and traffic from the harbor was so bad he couldn’t spend time in the house on the weekends. I then heard he sold the house/land to Dewey Destin.

Dewey was going to do some kind of restaurant but can’t get it approved. So they do what everyone does in Destin, they opened a bar on the back patio. We have not stopped there yet but we will soon to check it out.

Have a great week. See ya next Monday!

Destin Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment