Monday, August 24, 2015

Living in Destin

We had another great week in Destin. The weather is the same as it’s been all Summer….hot and humid with afternoon thunderstorms. Our tourist season has ended which means traffic is now not a pain like it had been. It makes it so nice to drive home and not sit in traffic. We joke that now the locals are coming back out of hibernation.

I spent a part of the past week working on a new video project. Sunshine Cindy and I videotaped our last two Trop Rock Music shows at Crab Island Cantina. Sunshine Cindy did the speaking and did a great job for her first time winging it like that. I had some tape of the musicians and of the Cantina. Here is the link to the YouTube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8AuTJbRGNg

                                                                                                                                                                         
We plan to do more of these and I hope my video production skills improve. LOL  This is another way to show off our great area, the music and of course some of the fine establishments that we like to frequent.

Saturday night was a “girls night out.” Sunshine Cindy joined Julie, Brodie, Brenda, Kathy and a couple of other ladies for dinner then a play in Fort Walton Beach. They had dinner at Olive Garden in Fort Walton Beach where they said the food was good but the service sucked. I guess the server acted like she didn’t want to be there. They then headed to the Civic Center for a Stagecrafters presentation of “Nunsense.” They all had a good time.

While they were there I went to Landshark Pizza to hang out for a while. Ken was there getting 4 pizza’s to take home for a party he was having. Ken now has a second Great Dane. This is just a puppy but he said she is very well behaved. Ken must have a big house to have two Great Dane’s!

It was good to see Hailey back working at Landshark. She is back for the weekends. While there I had a small pizza and some PBR’s. That is a great combination!

Sunday morning I rode my bike to the beach. The Gulf of Mexico looked absolutely beautiful as the water was a vibrant aqua color. Seeing that makes me appreciate living here all the more.

I have received word about a new place opening called Fat Catz. I have not been able to determine where it’s going to be located yet but it will be somewhere on the harbor. I am thinking it might be in the old Capt. Dave’s building. As I get more info on it I will pass it along.


We want to invite everyone to come out this Saturday to Landshark Pizza to party with Crab Island Mambo and Landshark Pizza as we present our ATSHTF Football Drawing Party. It will be from 2-6 pm. Jan Patton will be playing music. We will also, for $10 each, let you do a random drawing to pull an NFL team name out of a hat. If your team goes no to win the Super Bowl you win the pot. It’s just a fun way to get into the football spirit. Brian is also firing up the smoker and will do brats to go along with their pizza and wings. We hope all of our friends come out and “Embrace the Chaos” with us.

Have a great week. See ya next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment